Feature

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
06 Dec 2001 23:48:05 -0800

--=-NgeKpLqzPszeUEZ8qK9M

On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 13:37, 'Mike' M Palczewski wrote:
> I have a feature that I would like to propose for gnucash. Instead of
> opening the registers in seperate windows, how about having them open the
> same way that the report windows open in the tabbed interface, and the on=
es
> that were open when you last opened gnucash would remain open later.
> Is anyone intereseted in such a feature?
> Did I explain it well?

Yes, that is clear, and others have requested the feature before.

> Would a patch implementing this be accepted?

I think so, it's a good idea in general. However, it would be nice
to have a user option causing registers to open into a new window
automatically. The 'tabbed' view of the main window is more than
that -- you can also create new top-level windows with their own
tabs by dragging existing panes outside of the window. Sizing
might also end up being an issue, since currently the register
windows remember their size.

If you feel like it, you might want to do the same for the
reconcile window :)

dave

--=-NgeKpLqzPszeUEZ8qK9M

--=-NgeKpLqzPszeUEZ8qK9M--