Feature

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 09:54:35 -0500

In a message dated: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:37:43 PST
"'Mike' M Palczewski" said:

>I have a feature that I would like to propose for gnucash. Instead of
>opening the registers in seperate windows, how about having them open the
>same way that the report windows open in the tabbed interface, and the ones
>that were open when you last opened gnucash would remain open later.
>Is anyone intereseted in such a feature?

I think it might be a great option to be able to toggle on/off.  I
like the ability to have separate windows up on my desktop, something
Quicken couldn't really do, but is much more the way I work under a
Unix environment.

One thing I'd really like to be able to do, though, is have multiple
GnuCash files opened in a tabbed view.  I currently am splitting my
files up by year so things are easier to find.  But sometimes I want
to be looking at the same account or something in 2 or more different
years.  Currently to switch between files, I have to close one file
and open the other.  If I want to compare multiple files, I actually
have to invoke Gnucash multiple times, once for each file I want to
look at.

This is slow and tedious. It would be much nicer if I could have a
tabbed main register window with each tab representing a different
file.  Then, if I name my files with years, I can have tabs for 1999,
2000, 2001, 20002...... and flip between them all.
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!
			Remember Pearl Harbor!
	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon