Mac OS X port available and some q's about patches

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:48:07 +0900

Hi,
I got it working!
If you have a mac you can get it from the fink project at
http://fink.sourceforge.net
It is in the unstable tree at the moment.

Questions.

First the required patches.

1. Mac bug - dirent.h must be included after sys/types.h
Had to move the includes around in some files.

2. Mac bug - scanf is broken with a space before %n
Had to remove the spaces and add a while loop after the sscanf
in various places.

3. No LC_MESSAGES on Mac
Had to move path.scm to path.scm.in and change the line that read
(let* ((locale (setlocale LC_MESSAGES))
(let* ((locale (setlocale @-LC_MESSAGES_ENUM-@))
Makefile.am changes to put LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL in here.
Changes to a c source file too can't remember which one offhand.

3. No localtime_r on Mac
Added localtime_r.c and localtime_r.h (public domain source) to
src/engine added includes where needed configure.in and
Makefile.am changes for this.

4. No strptime on Mac
Added strptime.c strptime.h (from gnu libc) to src/engine added
scm_strptime.c (copied from guile sources) to src/guile did
#ifndef HAVE_STRPTIME
   gh_new_procedure("strptime",scm_strptime, 2, 0, 0);
#endif
in gnucash.c.in (couldn't figure out how to do this
conditionally with g-wrap)
configure.in and Makefile.am changes for this.

Are these changes acceptable?
Should I submit a patch on the 1.6.x tree or should I figure out
what needs to be done on the tip of cvs?

Thanks for all your help on this,
Peter