Bugs and other things in the reports

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:17:49 -0600

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 09:02:24AM +1100, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> No, but this is being displayed using a "remote" X. My desktop machine
> is critically short of disk space, so I do the development on my server
> box and it displays using ssh's X redirection feature. Running this on
> my desktop machine will be even worse, I suspect, as it only has 64M.

Ah.  Remote X connections will probably hose guppi.

In the patch I'm going to send today, I've added some timing printouts
when you run with --debug.  One number is to "generate" the report
(create an <html-document> object from your accounts) and one is to
"render" the report (turn the <html-document> plus style information
into an HTML string).  I'd be interested to see these numbers for your
setup.

I've also (I think) fixed the memory-hogging problem.  Let me know if
it still takes longer to run successive reports.

The patch should go in later today.

Thanks,
b.g.