Bugs and other things in the reports

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 23:15:56 +1100

Bill Gribble wrote:
> In the patch I'm going to send today, I've added some timing printouts
> when you run with --debug.  One number is to "generate" the report
> (create an <html-document> object from your accounts) and one is to
> "render" the report (turn the <html-document> plus style information
> into an HTML string).  I'd be interested to see these numbers for your
> setup.
> I've also (I think) fixed the memory-hogging problem.  Let me know if
> it still takes longer to run successive reports.

Bill,
Following is the timings from the latest cvs. After the 2nd time
through, it is fairly constant (mostly). This is definitely an
improvement over yesterday, but it is still not good.
Test methodology: I opened the report (Balance tracker), selected
calendar year 2000 (jan 1 to Dec 31), selected all accounts, changed to
report to "Net gain", changed the plot width to 750 and turned the table
data on. I then clicked "apply". Repeatedly. I then exited.

 #<procedure gnc:reldate-initialize ()>
gnucash: [D] "Running functions on hook "file-opened-hook
  #<procedure import-old-currencies (from-filename)>
gnucash: [D] "Running functions on hook "main-window-opened-hook
  #<procedure gnc:extensions-menu-setup (win)>
  #<procedure gnc:report-menu-setup (win)>
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 0.039884
time to render report to HTML: 0.219846
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.437615
time to render report to HTML: 3.147873
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.855287
time to render report to HTML: 3.08294
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 6.275854
time to render report to HTML: 3.219532
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.689909
time to render report to HTML: 2.809889
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.417206
time to render report to HTML: 2.938627
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.406415
time to render report to HTML: 3.093891
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.425544
time to render report to HTML: 2.925258
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.532602
time to render report to HTML: 2.828232
rerunning report.
time to generate report: 2.581124
time to render report to HTML: 2.931774
gnucash: [D] "Shutdown -- exit-status: "0

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   | info@mail.watersprite.com.au