gnucash and price quote source list for stocks?

linas@linas.org linas@linas.org
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:24:40 -0600 (CST)

It's been rumoured that aud.renne@exmail.de said:

> Hello!
> I wonder how I can make gnucash give me the possibility to extend the price quote source list for stocks and mutual funds, since it doesn't contain the source I need. If I could select this source from within gnucash I were able to use gncprices to keep my accounts up to date much more easily.

Gnucash uses the perl module Finance::Quote to grab prices from various
sources.  Extension should be easy, it was designed for that; supports
some half-dozen or more sources already.  You can find this on
www.sourceforge.net

after that, there are a few spots inside of gnucash to hack to add the
source name, e.g. src/gnome/dialog-utils.c

you should discuss this on the developers mailing list

--linas