Two bugs in gnc-html.c for compiling on RH 6.2

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Feb 2001 13:02:47 -0500

grib@gnumatic.com (Bill Gribble) writes:

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 12:38:25PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > The second problem is more insidious.  The code that parses a
> > gnc-crypted-html object has a reference to eb->data.
>
> You have an old version of the gtkhtml development files.  The data
> field has been in there for a couple of months AFAIR and isn't likely
> to go away (the data attribute is a required part of the <object>
> definition).

As I said, I'm on RH 6.2.  I'm trying to keep the GnuCash code in a
state where it will work in a mostly-standard-configuration Red Hat
system.  This implies that I don't have development or bleeding-edge
versions of many libraries (including gtkhtml), and I don't plan to
upgrade to them either.  A couple of months is insufficiently
historical to have it work on RH 6.2 ;)

> The GPG code isn't used for anything ATM anyway; it's just a
> proof-of-concept.  I didn't check your patch to see if you added a
> configure option or what but I don't have a problem with commenting it
> out.

I just commented it out (with USE_GPG, to make it easy to configure it
in later).  I didn't build a configuration option for it.  Also, the
way I commented it out implies that it wont understand the
'crypted-html' object at all, so maybe that should get changed.