QIF patch-o-the-day (supersedes previous patch)

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:16:18 -0600

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 05:53:04PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I have no idea why the QIF file loaded my mutual fund as a stock.
> Here is the particular QIF file I loaded.  Maybe that will help you?
> The file itself belongs to "500 Index", which is the MF account,
> "Treas MM" is a Bank account.

There's no difference to speak of in the QIF file between mutual funds
and stocks, and there's really no difference in Gnucash.  I'm not too
surprised that's wrong (or all that concerned, really... you can
always just change the type from 'stock' to 'mutual' after the first
import, and after that [once the bug is fixed] it will DTRT).

On the other hand, the 'account name conflicts' here turn out to be a
symptom of a fairly deep-seated bug in the handling of stocks/funds.
I know what it is but it's going to take a little bit of doing to fix
it.  (BTW the fix will also stop the importer from asking you about
stocks all the time).

I'll hopefully have a patch for this tomorrow.

b.g.