"Hello, World" report crashes Gnucash

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:49:49 -0600

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:04:42AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Are there any special features of more-recent versions of gtkhtml that
> we depend on?  I've been trying to keep Gnucash in a state where it
> will work on a plain RedHat 6.2 machine without requiring out-of-band
> updates to non-RH6.2 packages.

We don't depend on any special features of recent gtkhtml; none of the
gnc-html code has changed any time recently, either, AFAIR, so if
you've recently been able to look at reports or help gtkhtml is
working fine.

your "other" problem, which is somehow related to this one because of
the GDK-Fontset errors, didn't involve gtkhtml at all as far as I
could tell; you were just creating a new account, right?  I think
looking at gtkhtml is a red herring.

I would take a look at Glade and its autogenerated files instead.  We
are shipping .c/.h files output by a version of glade running on
whoever's machine submitted the most recent patch.  glade-gnome has
been tracking gnome on most developer's machines, which means it may
be out of sync with your crusty old RH6.2 packages.

IMO it's a waste of time to keep gnucash's development version running
on old libs when we're coding for the gnome-1.4 release, but that's
your headache I suppose.

b.g.