bug (?) and display problem

Arnold Troeger stssart@bkk.unocal.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:59:10 +0700

Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Arnaud Calvo writes:
> >
> > hi !
> >
> > I have some problems for a few months now :
> > If you can look at this shot :
> > http://www.calvo-france.com/gnucash.jpg
> >
> > I explain :
> > In red, you can see a display problem (text has disappeared...), and if I put
> > my mouse cursor over it, it will re-appear, and perhaps the problem will occu
> > on an other icon, or a menu, or a dialog box... It's very annoying and it
> > happens for too long now :-(((((
> > Is it a problem with gnome-libs, gtk (I don't know very well those things,
> > about libraries...), or XFree 4.01, or what else ?.
>
> I don't know what could be causing that, but I would suspect the
> problem is outside of gnucash (we don't do anything special with
> that button, it's all done by gnome/gtk).
>
> > Moreover, when I create/edit a transaction, sometimes the account-"drop list"
> > (from which you choose beetween "car expenses" or "food" or anything else - I
> > hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain...) is moved on the left o
> > the window (at the place of the date), and doesn't disappear even if I choose
> > one category...
> > That was for the "red" problem
>
> Can you repeat this behavior? What version of gnome-libs & gtk+ are you using?
>
> > For the "blue one" :
> > When I add/edit a transaction, the balance of all the transactions before it
> > becomes wrong (a simple "check" of an operation is enough...)
> > If I change another transaction, I may be lucky and found my "just-balances"
> > back, but it's not very reliable, isn't it ?
> >
> > Is it a known bug ?
>
> What version of gnucash are you using?
>
> thanks,
> dave

Arnaud,
Are you using the version of gnucash that came with Mandrake 7.2?  If so, would
you try downloading the Mandrake 7.2 rpm from gnucash.org?  I'm also running
Mandrake 7.2 and using the rpm (version 1.4.9) from gnucash.org.  The version of
gnucash that ships with Mandrake 7.2 is 1.4.7 (I believe).

Arnold

--
Arnold Troeger                          Unocal Thailand
Phone:  011-66-2-545-5456               5th Floor, Tower 3, SCB Park Plaza