bug (?) and display problem

Arnaud Calvo arnaud@calvo-france.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:36:37 +0100 (CET)

On 16-Jan-2001 Dave Peticolas wrote:

> Arnaud Calvo writes:
>> http://www.calvo-france.com/gnucash.jpg
>> In red, you can see a display problem (text has disappeared...), and if I
>> put my mouse cursor over it, it will re-appear, and perhaps the problem
>> will occur on an other icon, or a menu, or a dialog box... It's very

I changed the X server and it seems to work well, now (if only I had known it
before...)

>> Moreover, when I create/edit a transaction, sometimes the account-"drop
>> list" (from which you choose beetween "car expenses" or "food" or
>> anything else - I hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain...) is
>> moved on the left of the window (at the place of the date), and doesn't
>> disappear even if I choose one category...

> Can you repeat this behavior? What version of gnome-libs & gtk+ are you
> using?

This seems to work well too, now (again thanks to XFree 3.3.6)

>> When I add/edit a transaction, the balance of all the transactions before it
>> becomes wrong (a simple "check" of an operation is enough...)
>> If I change another transaction, I may be lucky and found my "just-balances"
>> back, but it's not very reliable, isn't it ?

> What version of gnucash are you using?

The one provided by Mandrake 7.2 (gnucash-1.4.7-2mdk)
But this seems to work too, now.

If I encounter the problem once more, I'll warn you, but it seems XFree 4.0x
isn't very good for the ATI Rage 128 RF card support...

Thanks too to Arnold for his answer.

--
Arnaud Calvo <arnaud@calvo-france.com>
49330 Contigné