wackiest recurring expense

Joshua Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:05:57 -0800

En-route to a budgeting design ideas post in the next few days, I'm
hoping everyone can search their heads for a good example of a really
wacky recurring expense.

Most of what I can see [in recurring-expense land] is pretty vanilla:
monthly, fixed-value things [rent, cable] or monthly, variable things
[phone, utilities]...

So, my wackiest recurring expense is food: it's some formula involving
how many times I eat in, eat out, and if I eat out, whether it's a nice
dinner or not, or if I eat in, if I make it ... and if I do, how exotic
the recipe [pine-nuts, for instance, are really damn expensive], and if
I get a bottle of wine or not...

...jsled