gnome-print

Jonathan David Wheelhouse whsjnd@globalfreeway.com.au
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:52:50 +1100

Hi

First, thanks for a great app; I use it daily (and drive my wife nuts
asking for receipts after she's done the shopping).

I'm a programmer and am interested in hacking on gnucash (although I have
a mainframe background (Cobol, JCL, database stuff) so C, automake,
make, autoconf, etc confuse me but I'm trying).

Anyhow, I recently checked out the development source from CVS and
attempted to do a autogen.sh.

After fixing up missing libraries (I run Debian unstable) I got the
following error:

checking for GNOME-PRINT - version >= 0.1.0... no
*** Could not run GNOME-PRINT test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GNOME-PRINT was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GNOME-PRINT since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the gnome-config script: /usr/bin/gnome-config
configure: error: GNOME-PRINT not found

A quick search on the Debian site reveals that gnome-print is there as
part of the stable distribution.  However, I run pure Debian unstable
(ie. no Helix gnome etc.) and the closest thing it's got is
libgnomeprint-dev.

The gnucash site, required toolkits says that it's at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gnome-print/.  But that seems to
have had very little activity.

Anyhow, I don't have a printer so is there some way of building
gnucash without gnome-print?

Jonathan