how to create nice HTML tables in reports?

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk@mira.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:36:19 +1100

Christian Stimming writes:

 > On Sunday 21 January 2001 13:09, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
 > > Have a look at the development version,  There's a bunch of table
 > > generation code in it that ALL reports are going to get converted to
 > > using.
 >
 > I did have a look at the development version. The existence of table
 > generation code is good, but it doesn't answer any of my questions.

The point is, that as a report writer, you don't worry about the
details of how the table gets rendered.  Just use the table generation
functions.

If it turns out that these aren't flexible enough to give you layout
that you need, then we have two discussions to have:

a)  What facilities does gtkhtml offer to display these reports
appropriately?

b)  How should we make those facilities available through the
table-generation code?

Robert Merkel	                           rgmerk@mira.net

"We are excited and optimistic about its usage going
forward and, yes, we can teach penguins the military
close-order drill", Mark Norton, US Department of Defense.