Bugs and other things in the reports

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:18:53 -0600

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 12:31:07AM +1100, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> The recent modifications to the account summary report has made me take
> a look at the reports. I realise these are a "work in progress", but
> some of these issues may have been overlooked.

Thanks for the comments.  The current reports were basically written
just to test the new HTML generation framework, so it's no surprise
that they aren't perfect.

I won't address most of your comments other than to note that they
are noted :)  I have a few questions, though:

> - Beware of memory leaks. I was using the full dataset (about 12 months
> worth of transactions). I didn't pursue this, but it was obviously
> slowing down on about the 5th or 6th change to a report. I might add as
> a more general comment that on this dataset it is pretty slow at the
> best of times. Getting slower was too much!

Yes, there is a significant memory leak, thanks for pointing it out.
I'm curious about how slow the report is (which report?) in the "best
of times" and what kind of machine you are running on.  For the
average balance report and thousands of transactions, I wouldn't be
surprised if it's slow, but I'd like to hear about it in more detail.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble