Bugs and other things in the reports

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:04:51 +1100

Bill Gribble wrote:
> I won't address most of your comments other than to note that they
> are noted :)  I have a few questions, though:
> Yes, there is a significant memory leak, thanks for pointing it out.
> I'm curious about how slow the report is (which report?) in the "best
> of times" and what kind of machine you are running on.  For the
> average balance report and thousands of transactions, I wouldn't be
> surprised if it's slow, but I'd like to hear about it in more detail.

With Account summary, (and a quick and unproffessional timing test), the
8th "apply" took about 20 seconds to refresh, whereas the first took
about 8.
With Average balance (which I did following the above without
restarting), I selected all, the full 12 month period, and turned on the
table as well as the chart (and adjusted the chart size so it was
useful) and applied, and it took 24 seconds. I then deselected the
Imbalance and Orphan accounts and clicked apply. That took > 1.5
minutes. I'm suspicious of the guppi chart, personally.
On a fresh gnucash the times for the Balance tracker test were 15s for
the first iteration and 67s for the second.

This is a fairly old machine compared to the latest and greatest. Its a
Cyrix 686 233+ with 128M memory. Its faster and has more memory than my
normal desktop though (P200MMX with 64M).

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   | info@mail.watersprite.com.au