Can't compile - problem seeing installed RPM

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:45:25 +1000

Timothy Reaves wrote:
>         That issue seemed to go away when I deleted my source tree and
> re-compiled.  Now, the issue is the following.  I built & installed Guppi
> checking for main in -lglade... yes
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> checking for gnome-config... (cached) /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-config
> checking for libguppi - version >= 0.35.1... Unknown library `libguppi'
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> Unknown library `libguppi'
> no

Take a look in your config.log file from that build. You will probably
see something like:
/usr/bin/ld: Cannot load shared library file -lVFlib2

Something has changed in the make up of a few packages, and they now
have -devel packages that weren't required previously. If you see the
VFlib2 message, you need to install the VFlib2-devel package. While
you're at it, you will also need the freetype-devel package too (or at
least, I did).

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  Watersprite Pty Ltd: