A problem compiling 1.6.1 and 1.7

Duarte Loreto happyguy_pt@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:31:28 +0100

   Hello!

I'm having a strange problem compiling 1.6.1 and also the current devel
branch.

When compilation is almost at it's begining, I get an error about the file
/src/doc/design/version.texi not existing. I go to that directory and it
isn't there. But if I make a touch version.texi and try to compile again, it
goes after that...

Should I have that file? Or is there any other strange thing going on on my
sources?

I have another problem almost at the end, when linking, but I think it is
due to gtkhtml version or libunicode version, as it complains about
unresolved symbols. I was able to compile 1.6.0 OK but after that I upgraded
some Slackware packages that might have broken some stuff self-compiled, so
I'll still dig a bit more on this one.

Thanks! Hugs

Duarte Loreto