big change

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Jul 2001 11:35:06 -0400

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> + RPC backend - this is now broken, I don't know enough about RPC to fix
> it

I'll work on this at some point (first I have to get my RH 6.2 system
to a state where I can build/install GC 1.6).  Indeed, I'm fairly
certain that the RPC backend hasn't been useful for a while, because
it does not store things like pricedb, etc.

The other problem with RPC is that the GLIBC team screwed me over by
disabling some functionality.  I've sent in a bug report to them, but
who knows if/when it will actually get fixed.

Besides, who is actually _using_ the RPC Backend?  ;)