Budgeting (attn: Larry Hunter)

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
13 Jul 2001 12:14:28 -0400

>>>>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:54:15 -0600, "Richard Garand" <krogoth2@softhome.net> said:

 Richard> Hi, I'm converting to linux and I would like to help add
 Richard> budgeting functionality to gnucash so I can use it. I have
 Richard> lots of time and some experience with C/C++, but i'm new to
 Richard> linux programming. I would like to work on the design
 Richard> document and coding as much as possible, and I have lots of
 Richard> ideas for budgeting based on the spreadsheet I currently use
 Richard> (if you want to see it, just tell me and i'll send you a
 Richard> copy). I'll read up on the current documents and
 Richard> discussions, but I'd like to know what to do to get to work
 Richard> as soon as I can.

There was a pretty long discussion of budgeting on this mailing list
late last year.  Reading that discussion might be the first place to
start.  Also Joshua Sled (I hope I'm getting your name correct) has
been working on some aspects of this.  You should get in contact with
him (again check the mailing list archives for his email address I
don't remember it).

Thanks
Jim

--