Stock Quotes w/ SQL Backend

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:42:10 -0400

Greetings!

   I've been trying to run GNUCash 1.6.1+  (Whatever the head of the 1.6
branch is) with the SQL backend.  I found an interesting bug.  With the SQL
backend I cannot save the fact that I want to retrieve on-line quotes.  I
can set "get online quotes" on and then retrieve the online quotes, but the
fact that I want them and the source is always gone the next time I login.
Is this a known bug/deficiency?  This is driving me nuts.  I'd be happy to
fix this, but before I do, is this something already addressed in 1.7?  I
note the note in the main Account.h that "the whole commodities
infrastructure is changing radically"  I also note that there doesn't seem
to be a database column for this flag in gncaccount or gnccommodity, though
maybe I'm looking the wrong place.  Before I get to spunky, does anybody
have some wisdom for me?