Sync with gnome releases

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:42:28 -0500

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:10:10PM -0500, Bill Gribble was heard to remark:
> This problem's probably only going to get worse when the next snapshot
> of Evolution comes out, making people upgrade to the latest and
> greatest of everything.

Well,

Maybe I should then rephrase my concerns.  When the next drop of evolution
comes out, it seems we'll have yet another round of incompatible-library-version
problems.   I don't see any easy way out of this.

The obvious fall-back plan is to hope that all major gnu/linux distros include
gnucash natively, and they don't blow it on thier own intra-package dependencies.

I don't know, maybe I'm concerned over nothing, but it just makes my head
hurt to read all these emails along the lines of 'i can't install this caus'a
that'.

--linas

--
Linas Vepstas -- linas@gnumatic.com -- http://www.gnumatic.com/