Bug: File version number [was Re: SOLVED: 1.7 & 1.6.1-2 cannot co-exist?]

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
17 Jul 2001 17:03:20 -0400

 Linas> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:22:00PM -0400, James LewisMoss was
 Linas> heard to remark:

 Linas> Part of the problem is that there are three types of backend
 Linas> errors: those that higher layers can deal with automatically
 Linas> (e.g. file-not-found, so look elsewehere in file-path, or,
 Linas> worse, postgres-commit-failed-so-rollback-
 Linas> automatically-but-inform-user-with-popup-anyway), those that
 Linas> require user intervention ('are you sure you want to do this'
 Linas> errors, or 'postgres-
 Linas> you-need-to-give-me-a-password-to-proceed' errors), and fatal
 Linas> errors.  The logic for dealing with the first two tends to be
 Linas> complicated.

 >> This is a problem I think I'll punt on for the moment.  So far
 >> everything seems ok.  Something to revisit later I'm sure.

 Linas> OK.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'punt'. One of the

Leave it alone basically.  Don't change current behavior.  Wait until
later to think about changing behavior to any great degree.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!