Sync with gnome releases

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:56:43 -0500

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:03:10PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> Now, of course, I dunno what happens if/when we decide to manage accounts
> and vendor lists with e.g. the gnome addressbook.

Unless it can be used in a totally GUI-free way, I don't think it's a
good idea to get tied to the Gnome address book.  I think it's good to
use shared backends where possible, but in this case I think this
means attaching to the same data stores the Gnome one uses rather than
actually using its API.

If it's really important to embed the Gnome/Evolution addressbook, we
should at least have a GUI-independent layer that would allow other
front ends to be used.

I'm sort of itchy for a gui-free gnucash in case you can't tell :)

b.g.