Sync with gnome releases

Stanley Long slong@customcpu.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:10:02 -0800

Bill Gribble wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:03:10PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Now, of course, I dunno what happens if/when we decide to manage accounts
> > and vendor lists with e.g. the gnome addressbook.
>
> Unless it can be used in a totally GUI-free way, I don't think it's a
> good idea to get tied to the Gnome address book.  I think it's good to
> use shared backends where possible, but in this case I think this
> means attaching to the same data stores the Gnome one uses rather than
> actually using its API.
>
> If it's really important to embed the Gnome/Evolution addressbook, we
> should at least have a GUI-independent layer that would allow other
> front ends to be used.
>
> I'm sort of itchy for a gui-free gnucash in case you can't tell :)
>
> b.g.

Thanks for the effort to make gnucash usable.
I appreciate modularity, and the freedom that I could substitute a
module (or even not have it loaded at all).

Originally, Star Office tried to become a world by itself.
It loaded so much that I wouldn't use it alongside my CAD and Python
tools and Web browser stuff.

Stanley Long, PE
Consulting Electrical Engineer
Anchorage, Alaska