The Close button

Thomas Cherryhomes thomasc@apogeemm.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:41:52 -0500

I am not a regular participant in these mailing lists, but I do frequent
#gnucash ... so please post replies to me as well, or talk to me in the
channel.

I have a friend who is trying out GNUCASH as an alternative to Quicken
(he is trying out Linux as an alternative OS, and although a couple of
bumps in the road, it's a relatively smooth transition, anyway, I digress.)

He brought up an interesting point about the nature of the Close Button
in GNUCASH, the big huge one on the toolbar. From his standpoint, he
believed that it would close the entire document, so he never used it
until he tried to close the file.

He was confused for a few seconds when he clicked close, and it just
closed the report window.

IMHO, the different views of GNUCASH need to be expressed similar to
Quicken, with separate windows, with a right-justified close button. If
for no other reason, than for familiarity.

Any thoughts on this?

-Thom Cherryhomes
OpenMINDS