Can I reformat your code?

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:01:06 -0500

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 11:46:50AM -0400, James LewisMoss wrote:
> All this is good.  The only thing I don't like is the -p.h
> convention.  Better IMO to just make everything that can be public,
> but I'm more than willing to go along with everyone else here.

I like keeping struct definitions private, and the -p.h convention is
really only for when multiple .c files must see a private struct.  I
don't really like it either; it might make more sense to have the
convention that -p.h files aren't part of the "-dev" package.

>  Bill>   if(foo) {
>  Bill>     bar;
>  Bill>   } else {
>  Bill>    baz;
>  Bill>   }
>
> I find this hard to read with 2 space indents, but it's ok.

You need to get supercite under control :) my example expressly did NOT have
that bletcherous } else { in it.

> Looks like my stuff reindented stuff, but this is what I prefer.

You like the } else { ?  I just want to make sure I'm understanding
you since supercite changed the meanings of quotes some.

> Whatever the case with the braces with if's and while's no brace
> should be at the end of a function def.  It should always be on the
> next line.

That's fine with me, I guess.

b.g.