Can I reformat your code?

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
25 Jul 2001 11:14:36 -0500

Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net> writes:

> Is complete parenthesization really necessary?

I tend to use it fairly heavily just because it makes what I meant
explicit even if I or the reader are a little rusty on our precedence
rules for whichever language we happen to be in.

> One more point - what about scheme code?

IMO it's not usually as big a deal in Scheme code since the
auto-formatter works well, and anyone not using an editor that
auto-formats and matches braces is too crazy to reason with anyhow :>

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu