Can I reformat your code?

James LewisMoss jimdres@mindspring.com
25 Jul 2001 12:12:51 -0400

>>>>> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:01:06 -0500, grib@billgribble.com (Bill Gribble) said:

 Bill> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 11:46:50AM -0400, James LewisMoss
 Bill> wrote:
 >> All this is good.  The only thing I don't like is the -p.h
 >> convention.  Better IMO to just make everything that can be
 >> public, but I'm more than willing to go along with everyone else
 >> here.

 Bill> I like keeping struct definitions private, and the -p.h
 Bill> convention is really only for when multiple .c files must see a
 Bill> private struct.  I don't really like it either; it might make
 Bill> more sense to have the convention that -p.h files aren't part
 Bill> of the "-dev" package.

 Bill> if(foo) { bar; } else { baz; }

 >> I find this hard to read with 2 space indents, but it's ok.

 Bill> You need to get supercite under control :) my example expressly
 Bill> did NOT have that bletcherous } else { in it.

 >> Looks like my stuff reindented stuff, but this is what I prefer.

 Bill> You like the } else { ?  I just want to make sure I'm
 Bill> understanding you since supercite changed the meanings of
 Bill> quotes some.

No.  Brace always on next line is what I like, but can easily live
with open brace on same line.  Yea.  Supercite did a number on the
code. :)

 >> Whatever the case with the braces with if's and while's no brace
 >> should be at the end of a function def.  It should always be on
 >> the next line.

 Bill> That's fine with me, I guess.

Reasoning is that etags/ctags doesn't play nice with braces on the
same line.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!