[OT] etags, xemacs and guile

Jonathan David Wheelhouse whsjnd@froggy.com.au
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:46:20 +1000

Browsing through the gnucash source is much easier since I discovered
etags; it's great.

I ran etags on the files for each of the directories I wanted to put
a TAGS file (ie. find ./ -name "*.[cChH]" -o -name "*.pl" -o -name
"*.scm" | etags -).  Then, in xemacs I can jump to the definitions of
functions, etc. for the C source code.

However, xemacs wouldn't jump from point somewhere on "gnc:main"

    func = gh_eval_str("gnc:main");

in
gnucash/src/guile/gnucash.c

(define (gnc:main)

in gnucash/src/scm/main.scm

So how do I get this to work - jumping from C to guile and back again?

And a related question.  I sometimes put point on what I assume is
some GNOME variable, function or whatever (eg. GList).  Do I have to
install some GNOME dev library to be able to jump to the GNOME
definition?  Some doco available?

Jonathan