gnucash 1.5.98 qif import

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 06:44:20 -0500

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 11:40:08PM -0700, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> One thing that would really improve load times would be to defer
> the first time. I think this should be fairly straightforward.
> Any guile gurus see problems there?

dave, there's really no significant code that's loaded for reports;
reloading saved parameters doesn't take any time at all and doesn't
cause the report to get run.

The problem is *running* unnecessary reports, and that's been mostly
eliminated; the only reports that get run at startup are the ones that
are visible in top-level tabs (i.e. reports that are generated by
click throughs don't get created until the click through)

I suppose we could not run any report until it's actually the front
tab of an MDI toplevel.  The problem is that it's pretty hard to
detect that event happening reliably.

b.g.