integration with paytrust.com

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:20:27 -0700 (PDT)

As someone who also uses and is very fond of the
Paytrust system, all that I would ask is that security
be given very serious consideration.  Having my bills
sent to another address is somewhat of a relief as I
don't have to worry about someone breaking into my
mailbox in the physical world and would like to keep
that same piece of mind in the online world.

alan

--- Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:27:58 "Austad, Jay" wrote:
> > Has anyone here used Paytrust.com?  How hard would
> it be to set up
> > Gnucash
> > to pull down bill information and handle
> transactions with paytrust?
> >
> > (Paytrust receives your bills for you, scans them
> in, and sends you an
> > email
> > when a bill comes in.  You just go to their site
> to view the jpg of the
> > bill, click to pay it, or you can set up automatic
> payments that require
> > no
> > interaction at all.  Probably the most convenient
> thing I've ever used.)
> >

> At the moment, GnuCash doesn't directly support
> doing transactions online,
> but there is interest from several people in
> supporting various
> online transaction systems (for instance, there are
> a couple of
> Germans who wish to support their local online
> banking standard).
> There is probably some amount of infrastructure work
> that needs to be (and will be) done before support
> for this kind
> of system is feasible.  Of course, having input
> early is more likely
> to lead to infrastructure that meets the specific
> needs of your system :)
>
> Support for a specific tool like this depends on
> whether
> the provider already has a publically-documented
> interface for
> interacting with the system, or is prepared to
> provide one.
> Screenscraping websites subject to formatting
> changes is difficult
> enough just reading stock prices (which we handle
> through an externally
> maintained perl module), but actually performing
> transactions in this
> manner is extremely risky IMHO.
>
> If you're at all interested in working on this, we'd
> be equally keen
> to help you.  We always need more people to work on
> new features.
>
> --

> Robert Merkel
> rgmerk@mira.net
>
> Go You Big Red Fire Engine
> -- Unknown Audience Member at Adam Hills standup gig

=====
Solaris Resources (Ultra/Intel)
http://www.solarisresources.com