List of TODOs: a couple more

Cory Dodt corydodt@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:01:09 -0700

- GnuCash still doesn't remember its geometry. It always appears in the corner, curled up in the fetal position.

- You ought to be able to keep the registers in the main window as tabs.  Quicken had the right idea on this.  If you want to detach them, a widget on the window can be available to do that.

- Restore from logs available when you crash.

- Hidden accounts.  My account list is cluttered with closed accounts now - credit cards that were cancelled, bank accounts that were closed, accounts receivable (loans to my friends and rebates I've sent away for) already collected, etc.

- Global memorized transaction list. If I shop at Pak 'n Save and pay with my check card one day and my credit card the next day, the same memorized transaction should show up in both.
 <mailto:gnucash-devel@gnucash.org>

    Subject: My list of post 1.6 TODOs From: James LewisMoss
    <jimdres@mindspring.com> <mailto:jimdres@mindspring.com> Date: 11
    Jun 2001 09:23:00 -0400 Here's my list of things todo: 1) Buttons on
    toolbar should be greyed out when they aren't necessary. (last I
    payed attention this wasn't happening. I could easily have missed a
    change.) 2) Only keep a certain amount of backups/RCS File/Gzip file
    (options on how to deal with writing files basically) 3) XML File
    format for transaction logs (maybe. could also use it for changes to
    everything else) 4) Saving find transactions (is this implemented? I
    haven't checked in a while) 5) Progress bar in XML read (not sure if
    this is needed still. comments?) 6) OFX import/export. 7) Change
    file loader to be a backend. 8) Add clear splits keystroke to
    register (in case you don't want all the auto-added splits) (maybe
    this exists already and I've just missed it) 9) It'd be nice if all
    options/prefs would be saved to one file rather than two
    (~/.gnome/GnuCash and ~/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto) but I don't know
    how possible this is. I have a couple more than are either
    pie-in-the-sky things or not important. So unless someone has a
    better idea I was going to work on 2 and 7 (related problems). Jim