two bugs in 1.6.0

Rob Walker rob@myinternetplace.net
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:24:03 -0700

I am running a debian unstable machine.  I can provide dpkg -l | grep
<foo> output if needed.

I start gnucash, and three windows pop up, the splash screen,
centered, the "Welcome..." window, and the "tip of the day" window.
I wait for the splash screen to time out.  I now have the tip and
welcome windows.

Bug #1.  I click on "Close" on the tip window, and nothing happens.
         I click the 'x' wm button (KDE 2.x) in the upper right corner
         of the window, nothing happens.  If I choose 'tutorial' in
         the welcome  window, and click OK, I can close the tip
         window.

At this point, I have chosen tutorial and closed the tip of the day
window. I now have one window titled "gnucash help", and one titled
"accounts - gnucash (<no file>)".  Because of what the tutorial told
me to do, on the accounts window, I click on file, new file, and I get
a new window, the "new account hierarchy setup" window.  I click next
one time, and get to the USDollar decision.

Bug #2.  Since I use the USDollar, I make no changes, just click on
         Next, and get the following error.

gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: gnucash: undefined symbol: stat

and it all crashes away.  For reproduction purposes, If you don't get
the welcome dialog box, you may need to move your .gnucash directory
out of the way.  I had to do that one time.

rob