compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

parys@usa.net parys@usa.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:26:19 +0200

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 18:22, you wrote:

> >> http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=gnome-print-devel
> >> including one from "suse", two from "Gnome Desktop Environment", another
> >> one from "ximian", but only one worked (ie "was detected by
> >> ./configure") : the gnome-print-devel-0.9-1.i386.rpm one.
> >> Unfortunately, it's too old for the ./configure procedure...
> >> As it is a small package, could anyone please send it to me (I run
> >> Mandrake 8.0, if that helps) ?
> >
> > You should use the exact same version of gnome-print-devel as for
> > gnome-print and really you should use the package that came from
> > the same place as the gnome-print package you installed.
>
> Yes, of course, that's what I looked for first, but I can't find any rpm
> 'gnome-print-devel' with the exact same version, for Mandrake 8.0.
> This is the name of my gnome-print rpm :
> gnome-print-0.28-1mdk
>
> if s.o has the same, in "-devel version", could (s)he send it to me, please
> ?

For Mandrake 8.0, they went to a naming style similar to Debian's, where the
package name includes the library soname. Check out
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=449&lang=en

rpmfind shows libgnomeprint15-0.28 and libgnomeprint15-devel-0.28 to be part
of Mandrake 8.0. That's what you need.
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=gnomeprint-devel

Robby