compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Arnaud Calvo arnaud@calvo-france.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:40:54 +0200 (CEST)

On 14-Jun-2001 parys@usa.net wrote:
> For Mandrake 8.0, they went to a naming style similar to Debian's, where the
> package name includes the library soname. Check out
[...]
> rpmfind shows libgnomeprint15-0.28 and libgnomeprint15-devel-0.28 to be
> of Mandrake 8.0. That's what you need.
> http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=gnomeprint-devel

Thanks Robby.
So I have :
gnome-print-0.28-1mdk
libgnomeprint15-0.28-1mdk
and libgnomeprint15-devel-0.28-1mdk
I don't understand what all of this is for, but this step is now OK in the
./configure

But I definitely have no luck, because there's another message I can't
interpret, now :
Unknown library `xml'
checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... Unknown library `xml'
no
configure: error: Could not link sample xml program

I checked and I have this, concerning xml :
libxml-1.8.11-1mdk
libxml2-2.3.4-1mdk

It should be enough ???

--
http://www.calvo-france.com/linuxtips.php (10/06/01)
 A  r  n  a  u  d    C  a  l  v  o                     47°43'60N  0°31'0W