compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Arnaud Calvo arnaud@calvo-france.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:22:13 +0200 (CEST)

On 14-Jun-2001 Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> For instance, have a look at http://lwn.net this week.  The head
> writer there can't get it to work, and he's been writing about
> Linux for years.

Ahhhhh ;-)

> As to your specific difficulty,
> I'm not absolutely sure here, but I think that your problem is that
> the version of gal you have is probably too old, you need
> a newer one.

No.
Thanks to Robby, again, I found in config.log the file that was causing me pb...
And I added a lot of *-devel*rpm with these "traces"...
So now, gnucash is compiled, and perhaps now, my experience can be useful for
you to fix bugs...
When I run gnucash --debug :
[...]
gnucash: [D] "loaded file
""/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm/printing/print-check.scm"
gnucash: [D] "loading system configuration"
gnucash: [D] "loading user configuration"
gnucash: [D] "Running functions on hook "startup-hook
  #<procedure gnc:reldate-initialize ()>
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
Abandon

And it stops there...

--
http://www.calvo-france.com/linuxtips.php (10/06/01)
 A  r  n  a  u  d    C  a  l  v  o                     47°43'60N  0°31'0W