compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Tim Nowaczyk zimage@upl.cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:12:34 -0500

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:22:13PM +0200, Arnaud Calvo wrote:

> No.
> Thanks to Robby, again, I found in config.log the file that was causing me pb...
> And I added a lot of *-devel*rpm with these "traces"...
> So now, gnucash is compiled, and perhaps now, my experience can be useful for
> you to fix bugs...
> When I run gnucash --debug :
> [...]
> gnucash: [D] "loaded file
> ""/usr/local/share/gnucash/scm/printing/print-check.scm"
> gnucash: [D] "loading system configuration"
> gnucash: [D] "loading user configuration"
> gnucash: [D] "Running functions on hook "startup-hook
>   #<procedure gnc:reldate-initialize ()>
> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Fatal Python error: couldn't import os
> Abandon
>
> And it stops there...

  The python problems come from Guppi, not gnucash.  Well, at least they were for me.  Try typing `guppi` to see if the same errors happen.  I had the same problem because I upgraded python.  After recompiling Guppi the problem went away :)  (gcc is your friend).
  It's too bad this is becoming difficult for you, but I went through the same things getting gnucash to install on Mandrake 7.2 (I still have gnome1.2 installed :) I spent a good amount of time downloading Mandrake Cooker packages and recompiling them because I don't want/need glibc2.2 yet.  Stick with it though.  You're almost done.

  Tim Nowaczyk

  <>< Truth