compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Arnaud Calvo arnaud@calvo-france.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:02:44 +0200 (CEST)

On 15-Jun-2001 Tim Nowaczyk wrote:
>>   #<procedure gnc:reldate-initialize ()>
>> Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
>> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
>> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
>> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
>> Fatal Python error: couldn't import os

> The python problems come from Guppi, not gnucash.  Well, at least they were
> for me.  Try typing `guppi` to see if the same errors happen.  I had the same
> problem because I upgraded python.  After recompiling Guppi the problem went
> away :)  (gcc is your friend).

You were right.
I d/l guppi and it works now.
But gnucash 1.6.0 crashes whenever I try to open an account... so I deleted all
that stuff, and re-installed my old-version that doesn't crash... and am
waiting for a more stable one...

Thanx to you all for your help and your patience...

--
http://www.calvo-france.com/linuxtips.php (10/06/01)
 A  r  n  a  u  d    C  a  l  v  o                     47°43'60N  0°31'0W