compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Robby Stephenson parys@usa.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:09:46 +0200

On Thursday 14 June 2001 11:52, you wrote:
> Well, I have understood your last message :
> install name-devel.rpm when you have name.rpm !
>
> So when I encountered other pb, I installed :
> db1-devel-1.85-4mdk.i586.rpm
> libgal4-devel-0.5-2mdk.i586.rpm
>
> ... but it would have been too easy :
> checking for main in -lgal... no
> configure: error: gal library not found.  See the README for more info.
> ALTHOUGH I have libgal4-0.5-2mdk and libgal4-devel-0.5-2mdk installed :-(((
>
> Am I so stupid ???

I don't really know about this one, but it's been my experience that gal
tends to depend on a lot of things that don't show up in ./configure. Try
checking the last few lines of the config.log file and see if there's a more
specific error about not finding -lSOMETHING where libSOMETHING-devel is what
you might need to add.

Robby