compiling 1.6.0 on Mandrake 8.0

Arnold Troeger stssart@bkk.unocal.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:22:48 +0700

Arnaud Calvo wrote:

> Well, I have understood your last message :
> install name-devel.rpm when you have name.rpm !
>
> So when I encountered other pb, I installed :
> db1-devel-1.85-4mdk.i586.rpm
> libgal4-devel-0.5-2mdk.i586.rpm
>
> ... but it would have been too easy :
> checking for main in -lgal... no
> configure: error: gal library not found.  See the README for more info.
> ALTHOUGH I have libgal4-0.5-2mdk and libgal4-devel-0.5-2mdk installed :-(((
>
> Am I so stupid ???
>
> --
> http://www.calvo-france.com/linuxtips.php (10/06/01)

Arnaud,
I remember this one from my own work through the compilation of 1.5.97 and
1.5.98.  You need to look at the config.log file at the -lgal step.  If I
remember correctly, the problem is not libgal but something else that needs to
be added from the 2nd Mandrake 8.0 CD.  I was planning on building the 1.6.0
rpm this weekend and it should be uploaded by Saturday evening.

Best regards,
Arnold

--
Arnold Troeger                          Unocal Thailand
Phone:  011-66-2-545-5456               5th Floor, Tower 3, SCB Park Plaza