Debian installation

Rob Walker rob@myinternetplace.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:14:49 -0700

Jonathan> I've even gone so far as to put the vaunted Debian unstable
Jonathan> on a system and try the apt-get command that I was so smugly
Jonathan> told would bring me instant gnucash nirvana.  No such luck.
Jonathan> I get a gripe that gnucash depends on libgwrapguile0 >=
Jonathan> 0.9.1, which is not installable.  Anybody know a way around
Jonathan> this?

who told you smugly?  I told you matter-of-factly.  :-)

bash-2.05$ dpkg -l | grep libgwrap
ii  libgwrapguile0 0.9.12-3       g-warp: Tool for exporting C libraries into
ii  libgwrapguile1 1.1.10-3       g-warp: Tool for exporting C libraries into

on my system.  what does that give on yours?

Also, sometimes with debian, I have had to do 'apt-get install
<packagenamewhichwasgivingmeproblems>' all alone, and then 'apt-get
install <bigmammapackagename>' which would work.  I know it shouldn't
work that way, but that helped me.

rob