online balance info

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:43:09 -0500

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:31:53AM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> I want to write a little plugin to download transactions off the net
> and stick them into gnucash.  I'm thinking scheme is the way to do
> it.  But how do I get http access? Is there a scheme RFI for
> http access? Or should I put the ghttp interface into gnc.gwp?

Either one will work; there's a Guile module for http access (rlb
would know what it's called), or you could extend the gnc-http stuff a
bit and put it in gnc.gwp.

My preference would be to wrap gnc-http, because it can handle SSL,
can do the IO asynchronously, etc which ghttp natively doesn't and I
don't think the guile http module does.

If you're talking about downloading QIF stuff, I am mostly done with
an extension to the QIF importer that allows you to open a browser,
log in to your bank, and then do a "special click" to download &
import in one step.

b.g.