splash screen

Christopher Browne cbbrowne@hex.net
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:02:44 -0600

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:45:20 EST, the world broke into rejoicing as
Gregory Novak <Gregory.Novak@cern.ch>  said:
> > The splash screen currently in place is just a graphic I grabbed
> > off our webpage so I would have something to test with (I don't
> > have any gimp skills). I was thinking that we would eventually
> > find one that isn't specific to a particular locale, but making
> > specific ones for specific locales is an interesting idea.

> I object to this on general application-bloat grounds.  Your users
> will have 99 graphics sitting on their disk that they never see, and
> only one that they actually use.  Unless you can include all the
> graphics you want in less than, say, 50K, I think the cost outweighs
> the coolness.

Indeed.

This "works" _if_ Gnucash is split into a _set_ of packages rather
than being one big one, where you install the program, as a package,
and then install a "language package" that provides the texts and
graphics for the specified language(s).
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/finances.html