Strange error while working on RPC backend

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Mar 2001 12:30:53 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> That is an xml parser error. So I guess the error is that it is being
> invoked at all.

No, it's not an error that the xml parser is being invoked.  The way
I've currently implement RPC is that there is a Gnucash engine sitting
at both the RPC-client and the RPC-server.  Currently the client
passes a book_id URI to the server, and the server just uses the
standard engine operations to open that book.

So, the client is using an URI of:
	rpc://localhost/file:/path/to/gnucash-test.xac

The server sees a URI of:
	file:/path/to/gnucash-test.xac

So the server opens a file: backend to access the file.  I figured
this would be a quick short-term way to test the RPC code before
hooking the RPC directly to some other backend.  Indeed, the backend's
are all designed to work with an engine, so it wouldn't be easy to
just call another backend.

So, the question is why is the xml parser having problems?  Another
question is why can't I 'save' new transactions?  I still haven't
figured out the version number semantics.