Income/expense bar and pie charts

Bill Gribble grib@gnumatic.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:45:18 -0600

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 12:59:17PM +1100, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> *   legend-urls empty, consequently click on the wrong thing and you
> can crash the system.

What do you mean?  This is definitely not supposed to happen.  I'll
have a look at it today.

> Discussions on a) what we should open in this specific case, and b)
> what we should do by default for pie charts, appreciated.

This is where it gets tricky.  We really want the reports to have
depth, meaning there are a lot of click-through reports you can get by
"drilling down".  My guess is that we want a click on a pie-chart
wedge to open up a register for that account (is each wedge an
account?).  You can do that with an URL like so:

   gnc-register:account="Long:Account:Name"

There will be other situations where we want to specify a Query for
the register.  ATM we can't name queries.  This may be a good time to
do so.  This would allow the report to construct a Query object for
the pie-click-register and use a url like so:

   gnc-register:query="query-id"

We could do this with a hash of "registered" Queries like we now do
with instantiated <report> objects, or something else.

The Legend clicks should probably just do the same thing as the wedge
clicks of the same color for now.

b.g.