find dialog

Ben Stanley bds02@uow.edu.au
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:16:55 +1000

The find dialog has tabs for searching transaction descriptions and
memos. The field containing the text to search for says

Find transactions whose description matches:

This misled me into thinking that I had to match the whole transaction.

On the Mac, the typical search engine has a little popup list which
allows you to select
'is' (complete match)
'contains'
'begins with'
'ends with'

and probably a few more I can't remember.

this gives novice users a hope of being able to perform a slightly more
complex search without having to get a Batchelor of CS and learn
regexps. Crikey, we find it hard enough to teach them.

There are probably several tabs affected by this problem.

goonie informs me that the search actually implements 'contains'.

Ben.

--
Ben Stanley               |    barf  [ba:rf]  2.  "He suggested using FORTRAN,
PhD Student               |       and everybody barfed." - From the Shogakukan