right click behaves surprisingly

Ben Stanley bds02@uow.edu.au
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:04:29 +1000

package: register window, account tree window
version: cvs 24 March

When I right click on something (eg in the register window or the
account tree listing window), I get a menu of actions which I can
perform. However, the action is applied to the currently selected item,
not necessarily the item that I clicked on. I find this to be quite
confusing, my wife more so.

Perhaps the item underneath the mouse when the right click is performed
should become selected if it is not already. Then the menu action will
not be confusing.

The menu should not be available if the user right-clicks over empty
space.