import wizzard currency or security type

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
28 Mar 2001 09:49:05 -0500

Gnucash currencies and securities (aka commodities) are stored with a
reference to the commodity within a namespace (the "type").  The
"ISO4217" you see is the namespace (type) for national currencies (as
you guessed).  There are a number of other namespaces as well,
generally for the popular stock exchanges.  There is also a namespace
called "Fund", which is where you would put your mutual funds and trusts.

-derek