turning off auto-open last file

Tony De Simone tony.desimone@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:59:51 -0500

Ben Stanley writes:
 > Gnucash has a feature where it will automatically open the file you were
 > using with it when you opened it last time.

I ran into this problem and did not find a configuration option or
command-line option to over-ride the default behavior.  I agree it
should be configurable, probably with the options "Empty" "Last
Visited" and "Default: <filename>."

 > are stored in separate files. In this case, I would like to select the
 > file from the memory list rather than wait for the last file used to
 > load up and then select the other file.

As a kludge, I started opening gnucash with an explicit filename arg,
i.e.,

	gnucash /tmp/gnucash

/tmp/gnucash is a empty, read-only gnucash file.  I think this gives the
behavior you want.